Minnesota provides great opportunities for industry to partner with state government to advance CAV technology. MnDOT welcomes private industry to test and deploy CAV technologies.
- The Minnesota CAV Challenge is the state’s first open and rolling solicitation asking for creative and innovative solutions to advance safety with emerging transportation technologies. We welcome your ideas on how Minnesota can harness CAV and other technology trends like shared mobility to address winter weather safety, mobility, accessibility, work zone safety, community engagement, data sharing, bike and pedestrian safety, maintenance and operations, policy, and public health and sustainability.
- MnDOT has a dedicated office (CAV-X) that can work closely with the industry.
- Our TH 55 connected corridor provides one of the few secure SPaT applications.
- MnROAD provides a 2.5 mile closed loop facility that allows for testing in a variety of weather and pavement conditions.
- The Regional Traffic Management Center is one of the most data rich facilities in the country.
- Minnesota is home to several major companies already working in CAV.
For more information on how to partner, please contact MnDOT.