- Starting Thursday, September 17, traffic control will be in the Stage 3 pattern with work occurring at 13th Street. Please see maps below for local detour routes.
- Traffic may encounter shoulder closures and possibly single lane traffic during installation
- Crews will work 6 days/week, 10-12 hours/day
- As soon as the temporary signals are installed, the contractor plans to work in the following order:
- Stage 1: 12th Ave S intersection median
- Stage 2: (Simultaneously) South leg of 12th Ave. S intersection and the 13th St. leg of the intersection
- Stage 3: 13th St/Mt. Iron Drive intersection median
- Stage 4: (Simultaneously) North leg of the 12th Ave. S. and the Mt. Iron Drive leg of the intersection.
- Portable changeable message signs will notify drivers of upcoming changes in traffic patterns
- Work on the City of Mt. Iron’s project on Mt. Iron Drive is expected to be mostly complete when the minor intersection legs are closed at either 12th Ave S or 13th St.
- Follow signs for local detours
- Stage 2: South Side of 12th Ave Closed at Hwy 53 (PDF) and East Side of 13th Street Closure (PDF)
- Stage 3: 13th Street/Mt. Iron Drive Median Closure (PDF)
- Stage 4: North Side of 12th Avenue Closure (PDF) and West Side of Mt. Iron Drive Closure (PDF)