About this project
Urban section (Hwy 23 to Kettle River Bridge)
- Roadway resurfacing
- Between Hwy 23 and Division Street will be a reclaim (with 2” mill) and overlay
- Between Division Street and Park Avenue will be a 2” mill and overlay
- Realignment of Hwy 123 and Hwy 23 intersection. Click here to view design of realignment
- Pedestrian curb ramps will be updated to meet current ADA standards
- Extend sidewalk along Main Street from Phase Recycling to Old Military Road
- Extend sidewalk along 3rd street on north side of the road from Court Avenue to Park Avenue and widen shoulder from Park Avenue to Grand Avenue to accommodate a walkable/bikeable connection
- Storm sewer and drainage improvements
- Isolated sidewalk and curb and gutter replacement (on in-place system)
Rural section (Park Avenue to Hwy 30)
- Roadway section will consist of a full depth bituminous reclaim and overlay
- Addition of a right turn lane at Prison Road
When construction begins, there will be lane closures and detours.
MnDOT will be attending the Sandstone City Council meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 17, at 6 p.m. to discuss changes to the project. Please attend in person at city hall or virtually on the city's webpage.
Past public meeting
MnDOT hosted a virtual public open house Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, to showcase the Sandstone project. For those unable to attend the live meeting, a recording of the meeting is below.