Rising water level expands closure on Hwy 220 north of Oslo
BEMIDJI, Minn. — (4:00 p.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has expanded the road closure on Hwy 220 north of Oslo. The road is now closed between Hwy 1 and Hwy 11.
The Highway will remain closed until further notice and traffic should seek alternate routes.
Highways that remain closed:
- Business Highway 2 Sorlie Bridge in East Grand Forks
- Hwy 75 south of Halstad
- Hwy 220 north of Oslo, between Hwy 1 and Hwy 11
- Hwy 317 between Hwy 220 and North Dakota border
Highways that remain open, but currently have water over the road:
- Hwy 200 west of Ada, near mile post 16
Highways that previously had water over the road, but water level has receded:
- Hwy 9 south of Ada, south of the Wild Rice River bridge
- Hwy 92 north of Zerkel, near mile post 71
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.
Check www.511mn.org before traveling for information on road conditions, closures and detour routes. For additional updates, ‘like’ MnDOT at www.facebook.com/mndot, and follow @mndot on Twitter.