TRAVEL ADVISORY: Hwy 75 south of Halstad closed due to flooding
Closure on Highway 220 expanded
BEMIDJI, Minn. — (1:30 p.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol has enacted a road closure on Highway 75 south of Halstad due to water over the road. The closure on highway 220 north of Oslo has been expanded.
The Highway will remain closed until further notice and traffic should seek alternate routes.
Highways that remain closed:
- Business Hwy 2 Sorlie Bridge- East Grand Forks
- Hwy 75 south of Halstad
- Hwy 220 north of Oslo, between mile post 51 and Marshall County Road 5 (mile post 69)
- Hwy 317 between Hwy 220 and North Dakota border
Highways that remain open, but currently have water over the road:
- Hwy 92 north of Zerkel, near mile post 71
- Hwy 9 south of Ada, south of the Wild Rice River bridge
- Hwy 200 west of Ada, near mile post 16
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.