Highway 175 west of Hallock closed due to flooding
BEMIDJI, Minn. — (8:00 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has expanded the flood advisory to include a closure of Highway 175 west of Hallock to the North Dakota Border due to flooding. Use caution and obey road signs posted in the area.
Highways that remain closed:
- Highway 1 from Oslo to CR 17
- Highway 2B Sorlie Bridge in East Grand Forks
- Highway 175 between North Dakota and mile post 6, west of Hallock
- Highway 220 north of Oslo, between Highway 1 and Highway 11
- Highway 317 between Highway 220 and North Dakota border
- Highway 102 northwest of Fertile from Hwy 32 to CR 44
Highways that remain open, but currently have water over the road:
- Hwy 75 north of Climax
- Hwy 220 south of Alvarado
MnDOT cautions motorists to be alert for the potential of road flooding throughout northwest Minnesota as additional precipitation and heavy snow pack continue to melt and water levels rise. Highways could be closed at times if water poses a safety hazard to motorists. Areas that have water on the road or are closed because of flooding are marked on MnDOT’s road conditions map at 511mn.org.
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.