The project will reconstruct Highway 371 in Cass Lake between Highway 2 and the railroad crossing, and resurface Highway 2 near the intersection with Highway 371. It includes storm sewer replacement, construction of a multi-use trail, sidewalks, curb and gutter, highway lighting and updated traffic signals.
Project completed November 1, 2019.
Weekly public meetings are scheduled each Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. at Cass Lake City Hall, 330 Second St NW.
- Grading and resurfacing
- Storm sewer and city utilities upgrade
- Construction of a multi-use trail
- Pedestrian accessibility improvements, including sidewalks, curb and gutter
- Ambient highway lighting
- Traffic signal replacement
Phase 1 (Complete)
- Will last about 2 weeks and includes a 5-day detour at the end of the phase.
- Pavement/concrete work near the railroad crossing between Railroad St and 1st St SW
- When the detour is in place, Hwy 371 will be closed between Railroad St and 1st St SW for up to 5 days.
- Detour route- All traffic uses Phase 1/Truck detour
Phase 2 (Underway)
- Hwy 371- closed between Hwy 2 and Railroad St
- Hwy 2- lane closures near the intersection with Hwy 371
- Truck Detour
- Hubbard CR 45 and Hubbard CR 9/Cass CR 2/Nary Rd
- The truck detour is in effect for the duration of the project
- Phase 1 Detour
- 5-day closure of Hwy 371 between Railroad St and 1st St SW
- This detour is the same as the truck detour
- Will be in place for the end of Phase 1
- Phase 2 Detour
- Hwy 371 closed between Hwy 2 and Railroad St
- Regular traffic detoured onto Grant Utley Ave NW and Railroad St
- Truck traffic still uses the truck detour
- Local access will be maintained for homes and businesses located in the work zone
- All work on Hwy 2 will be done under traffic and will include lane closures