Crow Wing County Road 11 now closed as work begins on new Highway 371 interchange in Pequot Lakes
Pequot Lakes/Breezy Point detour uses temporary signal at Derksen Road
BAXTER, Minn. — Motorists may encounter delays as a short segment of Crow Wing County Road 11, just east of Gravdahl Drive, is closed while crews construct portions of the new Highway 371/County Road 11 interchange in Pequot Lakes.
The road was closed May 21, and will open by Nov. 1, 2016. A 1.5-mile detour directs motorists to Pequot Lakes or Breezy Point using segments of newly constructed roadway and a temporary signal system at Highway 371/Derksen Road. Detour map (PDF)
All Pequot Lakes businesses will remain accessible throughout the detour.
The closure and new Highway 371/County Road 11 interchange in Pequot Lakes are part of the Highway 371 four-lane expansion project in Nisswa, Pequot Lakes and Jenkins.
When complete in 2017, the project will:
- Expand Highway 371 to four lanes between Nisswa and Jenkins
- Construct a new Highway 371/County Road 11 interchange that provides safe and easy access to Pequot Lakes
- Construct a new box culvert bridge spanning Cullen Brook
- Realign and improve the Paul Bunyan Trail
- Make improvements to the local road systems in Pequot Lakes and Jenkins
Stay connected with the project
- For more project information or to sign up for this project’s email updates, visit www.mndot.gov/d3/hwy371/.
- To connect on Twitter, follow @MnDOTCentral.
To view a map of other major weekend traffic changes in Greater Minnesota, visit mndot.gov/statewidetrafficimpacts/. The online map is updated Thursday afternoons.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.
# # #