Major traffic changes along Hwy 25 in Buffalo begin Aug. 15
ST. CLOUD, Minn. – Motorists who travel Highway 25 in Buffalo should plan their travel in advance as one reconstructed segment of the road opens in its permanent configuration, and another segment closes for construction, after 7 a.m. Monday, Aug. 15.
Motorists should plan for the following traffic changes:
- All lanes of Highway 25 south of Eighth Street, including the new Highway 25/Eighth Street roundabout, will open. All major work on this segment of Highway 25 is now complete.
- Highway 25 will close just south of Highway 55, between Highway 55 and Eighth Street. Motorists may access Holiday, Perkins and Wright County Lumber from the south by using Fifth Street, by following the signed detour along Highway 55, County Road 12 and County Road 36, or by using other local roads.
- Highway 25 north of Highway 55 will remain closed, and is scheduled to open in Sept.
- Access to local businesses and residences will be maintained throughout the closures.
The closures are needed as part of a multi-year, multi-project cooperative plan between the city of Buffalo and MnDOT to improve mobility, safety and infrastructure in Buffalo and Wright County. When complete in fall 2016, the combined projects will:
- Reconstruct Highway 25 between First Street S and Catlin Street
- Expand Highway 25 to four lanes between Highway 55 and 15th Street
- Reconstruct and reconfigure the Highway 25/Highway 55 intersection
- Upgrade signals and lighting on Highway 25 and Highway 55
- Replace the existing Highway 25/Eighth Street NW intersection with a roundabout
- Improve underground utilities while roads are closed for construction
- Improve pedestrian accessibility along Highway 25 from downtown Buffalo to John Ause Memorial Drive
- Add turn lanes at the Highway 55/Wright County Road 14 intersection, south of Buffalo
# # #