Access to Myers Road at Hwy 371 in Jenkins closes Aug. 12
ST. CLOUD, Minn. — Motorists who access Myers Road at the Highway 371/County Road 16 signalized intersection in Jenkins will encounter delays and a detour as a short segment of the road closes after 7 a.m. Friday, Aug. 12.
A signed detour will direct motorists along Ninth Avenue SW and County Road 17 in Jenkins/Pequot Lakes. Get map.
Access to Myers Road at the Highway 371/County Road 16 intersection will open in October 2016.
The closure is needed while crews construct the new southbound lanes of the future Highway 371 and a new segment of the Paul Bunyan Trail. The Paul Bunyan Trail near Myers Road will remain open.
Also, motorists on both directions of Highway 371 between Nisswa and Jenkins should watch for work zones, trucks hauling, slow traffic, slow moving heavy equipment and construction crews through November, 2016.
The closures and work are part of the Highway 371 four-lane expansion project in Nisswa, Pequot Lakes and Jenkins. When complete in 2017, the project will:
- Expand Highway 371 to four lanes between Nisswa and Jenkins
- Construct a new Highway 371/County Road 11 interchange that provides safe and easy access to Pequot Lakes
- Construct a new box culvert bridge spanning Cullen Brook
- Realign and improve the Paul Bunyan Trail
- Make improvements to the local road systems in Pequot Lakes and Jenkins
Stay connected with the project
- For more project information or to sign up for this project’s email updates, visit www.mndot.gov/d3/hwy371/.
- To connect on Twitter, follow @MnDOTCentral.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.
# # #