Hwy 371 access at Nisswa Avenue closes temporarily Aug. 15 through October
Motorists will use Highway 371/County Road 18 to access Nisswa
BAXTER, Minn. — Motorists traveling Highway 371 to Nisswa may encounter minor delays as Nisswa Avenue at Highway 371 closes, and short detour begins, after 7 a.m. Monday, Aug. 15.
The signed detour will direct motorists to access downtown Nisswa at the Highway 371/County Road 18 signalized intersection, located about one-quarter mile south of Nisswa Avenue.
Nisswa Avenue will open in October, 2016.
The closure is needed while crews construct the future northbound lanes of the new four-lane Highway 371 between Nisswa and Jenkins.
Also, motorists on both directions of Highway 371 between Nisswa and Jenkins should watch for work zones, construction crews, heavy equipment and slow traffic through November, 2016.
The closure and work are part of the Highway 371 four-lane expansion project in Nisswa, Pequot Lakes and Jenkins. When complete in 2017, the project will:
- Expand Highway 371 to four lanes between Nisswa and Jenkins
- Construct a new Highway 371/County Road 11 interchange that provides safe and easy access to Pequot Lakes
- Construct a new box culvert bridge spanning Cullen Brook
- Realign and improve the Paul Bunyan Trail
- Make improvements to the local road systems in Pequot Lakes and Jenkins
Stay connected with the project
- For more project information, sign up for this project’s email updates or visit www.mndot.gov/d3/hwy371/.
- To connect on Twitter, follow @MnDOTCentral.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.
# # #