Crow Wing County Road 11 through Pequot Lakes opens, detour ends, Oct. 28
The short segment of County Road 11 just east of Gravdahl Drive has been closed and detoured since May 21, 2016 as part of the Highway 371 four-lane expansion project. The closure and detour enabled crews to safely conduct the large amount of earthwork needed as part of the new roadway, and to begin work on the future Highway 371/County Road 11 interchange. The new interchange will provide quick and easy access to Pequot Lakes beginning in 2017.
Also, after County Road 11 opens, Derksen Road will permanently close just east of Morehouse Drive, the temporary traffic signal at Highway 371/Derksen Road intersection will be removed, and Royce Street will open permanently. Get map (PDF)
When complete in 2017, the Highway 371 four-lane expansion project will:
- Expand Highway 371 to four lanes between Nisswa and Jenkins
- Construct a new Highway 371/County Road 11 interchange that provides safe and easy access to Pequot Lakes
- Construct a new box culvert bridge spanning Cullen Brook
- Realign and improve the Paul Bunyan Trail
- Make improvements to the local road systems in Pequot Lakes and Jenkins
Stay connected with the project
- For more project information, sign up for this project’s email updates or visit mndot.gov/d3/hwy371/.
- To connect on Twitter, follow @MnDOTCentral.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.