Crow Wing County Road 16 at Hwy 371 closes April 10
Four-lane expansion project enters final season
BAXTER, Minn. – Motorists who travel Crow Wing County Road 16 in Jenkins will encounter a detour and delays as the road closes between Highway 371, to just east of Paul Bunyan Trail Drive, after 10 a.m. Monday, April 10.
Motorists should follow the signed detours using County Road 112 or County Road 145, or seek alternate routes. All businesses in Jenkins will remain accessible throughout the detour.
The short segment of County Road 16 is scheduled to open by May 12, 2017.
The temporary closure is needed while crews reconstruct the .1 miles of County Road 16, the Highway 371/County Road 16 intersection, and construct a new, safer access route to the frontage road along Highway 371 in Jenkins.
The work and closures are part of the Highway 371 four-lane expansion project in Nisswa, Pequot Lakes and Jenkins. When the project is complete in 2017, motorists will see:
- Highway 371 expanded to four lanes between Nisswa and Jenkins
- A new Highway 371/County Road 11 interchange that provides safe and easy access to Pequot Lakes
- A new, safer access to the Highway 371 frontage road in Jenkins
- A new box culvert bridge spanning Cullen Brook
- A realigned and improved Paul Bunyan Trail
- Improvements to the local road systems in Pequot Lakes and Jenkins
Stay connected with the project
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.