Hwy 4 in Lake Henry closes May 7
Commercial truck detour uses Highway 71 between Interstate 94 and Highway 55
ST. CLOUD, Minn. – Motorists who travel Highway 4 through Lake Henry will encounter delays and detours after the road closes for construction beginning Monday, May 7.
Motorists and residents should plan for the following:
- Highway 4 between County Road 19/130 and Cartway Drive in Lake Henry will close Monday, May 7, and reopen in mid-September.
- A signed truck detour will direct commercial vehicles along Highway 71 between Interstate 94 and Highway 55.
- A signed passenger vehicle detour will direct cars and light trucks along County Road 32, County Road 129, and County Road 19.
- All businesses and residences within the work zone will remain accessible at all times.
- Driveways and intersecting roads within the Highway 4 work zone will close briefly from time to time. Residents with questions may contact Tim Paul, project supervisor, at 320-293-9417.
The closures and work are part of a project to reconstruct Highway 4 through Lake Henry in 2018. The project will reconstruct the roadbed, resurface the roadway, improve sidewalks and driveway entrances, move power poles outside of the curb line, and install new curb and gutter and underground utilities.
When complete, the project will result in a smoother ride, and improve safety, drainage and accessibility.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit 511mn.org.
# # #