Roadwork in 2021
MnDOT will improve Highway 95 from Isanti County Road 15, west of Wyanett to the west limits of Cambridge in 2021, includes new roundabout at Highway 47. The project will require a detour.
- Reconstruct 12 miles of asphalt road surface (full depth reclaim)
- Construct a single-lane roundabout at Hwy 95 and Hwy 47 at Pine Brook
- Built to accommodate larger semi-trailer or recreational vehicles
- Center island will be low maintenance shrubs
- Overhead lighting for safety
- Built to accommodate pedestrians crossings
- Install left turn-lane at Isanti Co. Rd. 10/Palm St.
- Install 17 underground pipes/culverts and restore ditch drainage
- Upgrade roadside guardrails
- Install mumble and rumble strips
Future traffic plans
Hwy 95 will detour for the full duration of this 2021 project. The detour will be after the Fourth of July holiday and go through October.
Detour: Hwy 95 will close between Isanti Co. Rd. 15 and west limits of Cambridge, includes Wyanatt, Pine Brook and Walbo. Detour uses Co. Rd. 15, Co. Rd. 6, Hwy 47, Co. Rd. 6, to Hwy 65. Detour plans map, PDF
Local traffic: Hwy 95 will be open to those who live, work or visit areas along the closed work zone. Expect changes to access, gravel surfaces, flaggers and use of pilot car. Enter and exit the work zone nearest your destination to avoid delays. Expect temporary hard closures to replace underground structures.
Information tentative and subject to change until contractor is hired.