About this project
Reconstruct and improve Highway 10 from Xenia Avenue to 4th Street NW in Elk River, includes pedestrian improves and signal system upgrades.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct one mile of Hwy 10 road surface from Xenia Ave to 4th St NW
- Install dual left-turn lanes on eastbound Hwy 10 to Proctor Ave/Sherburne CR 1
- Construct multi-use pedestrian trail along eastbound Hwy 10 from Simonet Dr to Lowell Ave
- Reconstruct segments of pedestrian sidewalks and ramp approaches
- Upgrade signal systems, includes pedestrian components, at Proctor Ave/Sherburne CR 1 and Upland Ave
Future traffic plans
Motorists: Periodic single-lane closures on both directions of Hwy 10.
- Work will be done in stages. One direction will close and all lanes of traffic will shift onto the opposite side - two lanes westbound, one lane eastbound
- Expect narrow lanes with no shoulders and reduced speeds through the work zone.
Pedestrians: Walk closures with signed detours
Information is subject to change.