Open house set for March 17
MnDOT will host a construction open house on Tuesday, March 17, 2020. Get details
All lanes open
Hwy 10 work operations are suspended for the 2019-2020 winter season. For current road conditions, check www.511mn.org.
About this project
Mainline construction on Highway 10 in Wadena will begin in April 2020. Schedule
Summary of work
Reconstruct in Wadena
- Widen and reconstruct Hwy 10 in Wadena from east of Birch Ave NW to east of Wadena CR 4, includes the Hwy 10 intersection at Hwy 71
- Improve access and traffic flow, includes a concrete median and widened shoulders
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalks and approaches
- Upgrade city storm sewers and install new LED street lighting
- Replace the signal systems at Second St W and Hwy 71
- Upgrade the railroad crossings on Hwy 71 and Second St W
2019 COMPLETE: Resurface west/east of Wadena
- Resurface the two-lane segments of Hwy 10 from Bluffton to Birch Ave and Wadena CR 4 to Oink Joint Rd
- Install left-turn lanes at the Hwy 10/Otter Tail CR 75 intersection, west of Wadena
- Reconstruct the road from Wadena CR 4/Sunny Brook Rd and Harry Rich Dr in east Wadena, includes underground drainage structures near Union Creek
Wadena is open
Access to businesses and residents to be open, however expect changes.
Information is subject to change.