Work is underway on Hwy 10 in Wadena between Second St. W and Wadena Co. Rd. 4. Crews will reconstruct this segment through August 2020.
Both directions of Hwy 10 to be shifted onto either side of the road to reconstruct the new road. Expect narrow lanes (11 ft.), access detours and flaggers.
- NOW - March 30–June 15: Reconstruct eastbound, traffic on westbound. Map
- NEXT - June 15–August: Reconstruct westbound, traffic on new eastbound. Map
Hwy 71 access closed to Hwy 10 to reconstruct the intersection and RR crossing. Follow detour signs.
- Hwy 71 south of Hwy 10: Use Hwy 29 and Second St SW
- Hwy 71 north of Hwy 10: Use Juniper Ave and Second St NW
Wadena is open
Access to businesses and residences to be maintained and open, however expect changes and gravel surfaces. May include temporary entrances, side roads or back entrances.
About this project
Summary of work
Reconstruct in Wadena in 2020
- Widen and reconstruct Hwy 10 in Wadena from east of Birch Ave. NW to east of Wadena Co. Rd. 4, includes the Hwy 10 intersection at Hwy 71
- Improve access and traffic flow, includes a concrete median and widened shoulders
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalks and approaches
- Upgrade city storm sewers and install new LED street lighting
- Replace the signal systems at Second St. W and Hwy 71
- Upgrade the railroad crossings on Hwy 71 and Second St. W
Work completed west/east of Wadena in 2019
- Resurfaced the two-lane segments of Hwy 10 from Bluffton to Birch Ave. and Co. Rd. 4 to Oink Joint Rd.
- Installed left-turn lanes at the Hwy 10/Otter Tail Co. Rd. 75 intersection, west of Wadena
- Reconstructed the road from Co. Rd. 4/Sunny Brook Rd. and Harry Rich Dr. in east Wadena, includes underground drainage structures at Union Creek
Information is subject to change.