Open house for Hwy 29 project in Parkers Prairie set for May 23
DETROIT LAKES, Minn.— An open house for the public to learn more about this year’s Highway 29 reconstruction and resurfacing project in Parkers Prairie is scheduled for Monday, May 23.
The meeting will run from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Prairie Event Center, 201 West Main St., Parkers Prairie. No formal presentation is planned.
The meeting is an opportunity for the public to review the project timeline, detours and anticipated traffic impacts. Representatives from MnDOT and the project contractor, Central Specialties, will be available at the meeting to answer questions.
Key elements of the project include:
- Resurfacing Highway 29 from just south of Otter Tail County Rd 38/46 to just north of State Street
- Adding continuous center left turn lane from Elm St. to Jackson St.
- Installing continuous accessible sidewalk on Highway 29 from County Road 38 to State Street
- Upgrading storm sewer, sanitary sewer and water systems
- Enhancing the downtown streetscape
Additional information, including a project layout, is available at www.mndot.gov/d4/projects/parkersprairie.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, call Janet Miller at 651-366-4720 or 1-800-657-3774 (Greater Minnesota), 711 or 1-800-627-3529 (Minnesota Relay). You also may send an email to ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please request at least one week in advance, if possible.
# # #