Westbound Interstate 94 near Rothsay reopens
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. (2 p.m.) — Westbound Interstate 94 near Rothsay has been reopened to traffic. The roadway was temporarily closed due to a jackknifed semi.
Road conditions are icy throughout the region. MnDOT snowplow operators are doing their part to make highways safe. Motorists should remember to:
- Check road conditions at 511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for their trip.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. Plows may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.