Lane closures on Hwy 10 between Glyndon and Hwy 336 due to several crashes
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. (8 a.m.) — Motorists traveling on Highway 10 in Clay County, between Glyndon and Highway 336, will encounter lane closures in both directions due to several crashes. The lanes will reopen after the crashes are cleared, which is expected to take several hours.
Roads are slippery and blowing snow has reduced visibility, especially in open areas. MnDOT snowplow operators are doing their part to make highways safe. Motorists should remember to:
- Call 511 or visit 511mn.org before leaving on your trip to get current road conditions.
- Turn on your headlights and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off your cruise control.
- Slow down; allow at least 10 car lengths between your vehicle and a plow.
- Stay behind the snowplow. The road behind a snowplow is safer to drive on.
- Watch for snowplows that turn or exit frequently, and often with little warning.
- Never drive into a snow cloud.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to mndot.gov/workzone/winter.html.