Temporary southbound lane closure at Hwy 9 railroad crossing south of Doran
DETROIT LAKES, Minn.—(8:30 a.m.) Motorists will encounter a temporary lane closure on southbound Highway 9 near the railroad crossing south of Doran. Railroad crews are in route to perform emergency repairs at the crossing. Watch for flaggers controlling traffic.
Depending on the repair needs, the road may close for a few hours. Detour information will be shared at that time, if needed.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation urges motorists to always drive with caution, and reminds them to slow down in the work zone and never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
In addition, roads are slippery and snow-covered throughout the region. MnDOT snowplow operators are doing their part to make highways safe. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Call 511 or visit 511mn.org before leaving on your trip to get current road conditions.
- Turn on your headlights and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off your cruise control.
- Slow down; allow at least 10 car lengths between your vehicle and a plow.
- Stay behind the snowplow. The road behind a snowplow is safer to drive on.
- Watch for snowplows that turn or exit frequently, and often with little warning.
- Never drive into a snow cloud.