The Minnesota Department of Transportation, Becker County and the city of Detroit Lakes have partnered to make improvements to Highway 10 and Randolph Road on the east side of Detroit Lakes from Kris Street to County Road 54.
In 2019, the City of Detroit Lakes completed construction on Randolph Road, from Kris Street to County Road 54. The second portion of the project starts this summer and includes intersection improvements on Highway 10 at Kris Street and County Road 54/East Shore Drive.
Key project elements
- Removal of the signal at Randolph Road and Kris Street
- Conversion of the Highway 10/Kris Street intersection to a reduced conflict intersection, redirecting the left turn from Kris Street to eastbound Highway 10 to Randolph Road and County Road 54
- Improvements at the intersection of Highway 10 and County Road 54/East Shore Drive and the intersection of County Road 54 and Randolph Road
- Addition of a signal at Highway 10 and County Road 54 with crosswalks
- Crosswalks at the intersection of Randolph Road and County Road 54
- Improvements to Randolph Road between Kris Street and County Road 54
- Ability to accommodate future trail development in the area
- Intersection closures, detours
- Lane closures in both directions on Highway 10