The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the city of Starbuck are partnering for a 2020 resurfacing and reconstruction project on Hwys 28, 29 and 114 in the city.
The project includes pavement resurfacing, pedestrian accessibility (ADA) improvements, utility replacements and a trail extension.
Key project elements
- Resurfacing of Hwys 28, 29 and 114 throughout Starbuck
- Downtown Complete Streets reconstruction
- Utility replacement
- Sidewalk improvements & ADA accessibility upgrades
- Multi-use trail on the east side of Hwy 29
- Multi-use trail on the south side of Hwy 28 east of Hwy 29
Tentative traffic impacts
- Lane closures
Preliminary cost estimate
- $3.5 million (excludes city utilities)