Hwy 58 in Red Wing detoured while water main is repaired
ROCHESTER, Minn. –Highway 58 motorists in Red Wing are being detoured around a water main break that occurred Sunday night in the city’s downtown, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The closure is at Highway 58 (Plum Street) and West Fourth Street. The detour routes are:
- Northbound Highway 58: West on West Fifth Street, north on Bush Street to Highway 61 (Main Street).
- Southbound Highway 58: West on West Third Street, south on Bush Street to Highway 58.
The city of Red Wing is handling the road closure and repair.
The closure is expected to remain in effect possibly through Wednesday, so repairs can be completed and the road can be returned to driving condition. MnDOT will announce the opening of the highway via news release and Twitter www.twitter.com/mndotsoutheast.
For real-time Minnesota traffic and travel information, visit www.511mn.org or call 511.
MnDOT urges motorists to follow these recommendations in work zones:
• Stay alert
• Watch for signs, equipment and workers
• Minimize distractions, such as using cell phones, eating or drinking
• Avoid tailgating
• Follow posted speed limits and directional signs
• Stay in one lane while driving through a work zone
# # #