I-35 Albert Lea Rest Area reopened after water pump repair
ROCHESTER, Minn. —The northbound Interstate 35 Albert Lea Rest Area has reopened after a water pump was repaired, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The rest area is at mile marker 1 just north of the Iowa border near Albert Lea.
To find a rest area in Minnesota, use MnDOT’s website search tool to learn about services and access at each site: mndot.gov/restareas.
Join the southeastern Minnesota Facebook group facebook.com/groups/MnDOTsoutheast to learn about MnDOT construction projects and activities.
MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
MnDOT reminds motorists entering work zones that safety is the responsibility of all:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.