Current traffic impacts
- Both rest areas are closed as of June 3. Expected to reopen by Nov. 9.
- This is a project separate from the Interstate 90 repaving work taking place in this corridor. That project can be found at https://www.dot.state.mn.us/d6/projects/i90-concreteoverlay/index.html
- This project is the first stage of two: In 2020, rest areas on I-35 at Heath Creek (northbound) and Straight River (southbound) May 4-Oct. 19.
Upcoming traffic impacts
- Rest area will be closed during construction
About this project
Summary of work
- Reconstruct and expand the truck parking lots at the Hayward Rest Area on eastbound I-90 and the Oakland Woods Rest Area on westbound I-90
- Repave existing car parking lots and access maps
- Reconstruct sidewalks along rest area parking lots
- Upgrade and expand parking lot lighting systems