Current traffic impacts
Overnight road closure
9 p.m. through 5 a.m. nightly, May 26-29 and June 1
Highway 61 traffic near the Highway 63/Eisenhower Bridge of Valor in Red Wing will be detoured while crews remove the temporary Highway 63 bridge over Highway 61.
Highway 61 in downtown Red Wing will be detoured. Motorists will not be able to go under the Highway 63 bridge.
- People traveling across the river bridge to downtown Red Wing will use the slip ramp and Third Street.
- People traveling across the river and using eastbound Highway 61 will detour using Third Street, Plum Street, 7th Street W, 7th Street E and Highway 292.
- People using Highway 61 to come into Red Wing from the east will follow the route in reverse (see map below).
- People traveling westbound on Highway 61 to cross the bridge into Wisconsin will use the normal route of Highway 61 to the signal at the buttonhook ramp.
- See the detour map
- Hwy 61 is reduced to a single lane of traffic in each direction through summer 2020
- Traffic on 825th Street is detoured through 2020
- Use 825th Street north of The Woodshed to access Harbor Bar, Island Campground and marinas
- 825th Street detour map (PDF)