Red Wing Bridge Project
- Construct 825th St. jug-handle and east side of 825th St.
- Remove existing river crossing.
- Remove temporary bridge of Hwy 61.
- Construct Hwy 61 under the new Hwy 63 overpass.
- Construct Hwy 61 median.
- Hwy 63 traffic using new bridge
- Single-lane traffic in each direction on Hwy 61
- 825th St. traffic is detoured
825th Street Detour
MAY 2017 – LATE 2019: ALL TRAFFIC DETOURED
Use 825th St. north of The Woodshed to access Harbor Bar, Island Campground, and marinas.
2020: EASTBOUND TRAFFIC DETOURED (SINGLE DIRECTION ONLY)
825th St. eastbound traffic should use the access north of The Woodshed to get to Harbor Bar, Island Campground, and marinas.
- To access downtown Red Wing from Wisconsin, drivers will cross the bridge and take the new slip ramp to 3rd St.
- To access Hwy 61 from Wisconsin, drivers will cross the new bridge and take the new button-hook ramp.
- To access the new bridge from Hwy 61, drivers will take the new button-hook ramp at the newly signalized intersection.
- Pedestrians and bicyclists will access the new bridge by taking the new, protected, multi-use trail via the 3rd St. slip ramp.
- To access Harbor Bar, Island Campground, and marinas in Wisconsin, drivers will take the new 825th St. jug-handle.