Hwy 169 construction starts April 30 from St. Peter to Le Sueur
MANKATO, Minn. —Weather permitting, construction will begin on Hwy 169 from St. Peter to Le Sueur on Monday, April 30.
During construction, northbound and southbound Hwy 169 traffic will be reduced to a single lane, head-to-head configuration. While no detour is anticipated for Hwy 169, there will be periodic ramp closures throughout the project that will impact local traffic.
Construction is scheduled to continue through October on the 10 miles of northbound Hwy 169 between St. Peter and Le Sueur, which includes:
- Resurfacing northbound lanes for a smoother road surface
- Replacing northbound bridge over Robart’s Creek, just north of St. Peter
- Cleaning, repairing and replacing culverts
- Upgrading guardrail
- Adding high tension cable median barrier to protect against median crossover head-to-head accidents
- Grading to improve drainage patterns and roadway side slopes
- Installing interchange lighting at the Hwy 169/Hwy 93 interchange in Le Sueur
- Adding Dynamic Message Signs to provide traveler information
PCiRoads of St. Michael, Minn., was awarded the project with a bid of $14,291,543.
For more information and to sign up for project email updates, visit mndot.gov/d7/projects/hwy169.
Additional construction will be taking place on Hwy 169 north of this project, between Blakely Township and Jordan. More information on that project can be found at mndot.gov/metro/projects/hwy169belleplaineandjordan.
For updated road condition information, call 511 or visit 511mn.org.