Traffic changes for Hwy 60 in Watonwan County begin July 30
MANKATO, Minn. – Motorists traveling on Highway 60 in Watonwan County will encounter traffic changes starting Monday, July 30, weather permitting.
The ramps at the Highway 60/County Road 12 intersection will be closed beginning July 30, with the westbound ramps opening August 10, weather permitting. The eastbound ramps at the Highway 4/County Road 57 intersection and the Highway 60/County Road 12 intersection will be closed starting Wednesday, August 1, through November.
Highway 60 traffic will also move from the current four-lane divided highway to a single-lane, head-to-head configuration in the westbound lanes beginning August 1.
No detour is anticipated for through traffic on Highway 60, but there will be periodic bridge closures for Highway 4/County Road 27 and County Road 12. The County Road 12 bridge has been closed since June 25 and the detour can be found on the project website www.mndot.gov/d7/projects/hwy60.
Construction on Highway 60 in Watonwan County is part of a two-year project, starting in June of 2018 through fall of 2019. Thirteen miles of Highway 60 construction includes:
- Resurfacing the existing pavement
- Resurfacing eastbound (EB) and westbound (WB) ramps
- Constructing a crossover at the west and east end of the project area to accommodate two-lane, two-way traffic
- Removing and replacing road signs
- Constructing a snow fence to mitigate snow drifts on Hwy 60 at the Watonwan River Bridge
- Removing or replacing guardrails
- Resurfacing and upgrades to the Hwy 4/County Rd 27 bridge and County Rd 12 bridge over Hwy 60
PCiRoads of St. Michael, MN, was awarded the project with a bid of $27,500,000.
For more information, visit the project website at www.mndot.gov/d7/projects/hwy60.