Hwy 4/CR 27 bridge opens and another closes as work progresses on the Hwy 60 project near St. James
MANKATO, Minn. – Motorists are advised that the Highway 4/CR 27 bridge at St. James is expected to have full access today, Tuesday, May 14, and the Watonwan County Road 12 bridge will close. The closures are necessary for bridge work as part of the Highway 60 construction project in Watonwan County.
An alternate route for County Road 12 traffic is the Highway 4/CR 57 interchange.
Highway 60 traffic continues to be managed on the new eastbound lanes in a single lane, head to head configuration. No detour is anticipated for through traffic on Highway 60, however, periodic ramp closures are still needed for bridge ramp work at Highway 4/CR 57, Highway 4/CR27 and County Road 12 bridges.
Construction on Highway 60 in Watonwan County is a two-year project that started in June of 2018 and is expected to be complete in the fall of 2019. Thirteen miles of Highway 60 construction includes:
- Resurfacing the existing pavement
- Resurfacing eastbound (EB) and westbound (WB) ramps
- Constructing a crossover at the west and east end of the project area to accommodate two-lane, two-way traffic
- Removing and replacing road signs
- Constructing a snow fence to mitigate snow drifts on Hwy 60 at the Watonwan River Bridge
- Removing or replacing guardrails
- Resurfacing and upgrades to the Hwy 4/County Rd 27 bridge and County Rd 12 bridge over Hwy 60
PCiRoads of St. Michael, MN, was awarded the project with a bid of $27,500,000.
For more information, visit the project website at www.mndot.gov/d7/projects/hwy60.