MnDOT advising no travel in southwest Minnesota
WILLMAR, Minn.— (7:15 p.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation is advising no travel in southwest Minnesota due to blizzard conditions and near zero visibility at times.
The no travel advisory applies to the following counties:
If you must travel, remember to:
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back at least five car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to www.mndot.gov/workzone.
For updated information on road conditions, visit www.511mn.org or call 511.