Start date for concrete rehabilitation projects delayed due to wet weather
WILLMAR, Minn. – Due to recent wet weather in the area, the concrete rehabilitation projects scheduled to begin Tuesday, September 6, will be delayed. The concrete spot repairs in Redwood Falls which are scheduled to start first will now start Monday, September 12.
Concrete repairs are scheduled in the following areas:
- Redwood Falls: Highway 19 from Redwood River east to N Gould St.
- Redwood Falls: Highway 71 from W 11th St. to 2nd St. W
- Blomkest to Olivia: Highway 71 from 840th Ave. to Highway 7 N of Olivia
- Fairfax: Highway 19 from Highway 4 Sibley County line to east of Fairfax
- Dassel: Highway 15 at the intersection with Highway 12 west of Dassel
- Cokato: Highway 12 from CR 14 in Darwin east to Sunset Ave. in Cokato
All concrete repairs, except those in Redwood Falls, will require a short detour. Detour routes with maps, are available on the project webpage at mndot.gov/d8/projects/2016concreterehabs/. The estimated project cost is $1 million. Interstate Improvement, Inc. is the contractor on the project.
MnDOT asks motorists to slow down and pay attention while driving through work zones. Remember orange cones, no phones. Motorists who speed through a work zone or who disobey work zone flaggers face a $300 fine.
Plan ahead for your travel using 511. For updated statewide road conditions and construction information, call 5-1-1 or visit www.511mn.org/.