MnDOT District 8 advises no travel in McLeod, Renville and eastern Redwood counties
WILLMAR, Minn. – MnDOT District 8 is advising no travel in McLeod, Renville and eastern Redwood counties. Snow and strong winds have reduced visibility and created difficult and/or hazardous driving conditions.
MnDOT would like to remind motorists to:
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back at least five car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down and use your head lights. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.
For updated information on road conditions, visit www.511mn.org or call 511.