MnDOT District 8 lifts no travel advisories in McLeod, Renville and eastern Redwood counties
WILLMAR, Minn. — The Minnesota Department of Transportation has cancelled the no travel advisories that were put into place yesterday, December 4, for McLeod, Renville and eastern Redwood counties.
MnDOT continues to advise motorists to use caution as there are still some slippery roads. Crews are out continuing their efforts to clean up after the storm.
MnDOT would like to remind motorists to:
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back at least five car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down and use your head lights. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.
For updated information on road conditions, visit www.511mn.org or call 511.