MnDOT advises motorists to slow down due to icy road conditions
WILLMAR, Minn. — Minnesota Department of Transportation staff are treating slippery roads throughout Kandiyohi and Meeker counties. Although roads may look dry, strong winds and blowing snow have contributed to icy road conditions.
MnDOT is advising motorists to slow down due to the slippery road conditions.
MnDOT snowplow operators are doing their part to make highways safe. Motorists can help by remembering to:
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org before traveling.
- Allow extra time to get to get to your destination.
- Buckle up.
- Turn your cruise control off.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning.
- Concentrate on driving and avoid distractions.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to www.mndot.gov/workzone/winter.html.