Summary of MnDOT work
- Replace bridge on Hwy 29 in Montevideo
- Update flood control measures
- The road is closed between Canton Avenue and the North 1st Street ramps. Ramps are open for local traffic.
- Detour began March 16, 2020.
- Montevideo will be open during construction.
- Signs will indicate that the road is closed to through traffic (travelers not stopping in Montevideo).
- Businesses, parks, and homes in the construction area are considered local traffic, not through traffic, and you will be able to access them.
- April 3, 2020:
- Driving pile this week
- Next step - building the new abutments