Current traffic impacts
- The bridge is open to two-way traffic.
- There may be occasional lane closures when crews are working next to the roadway (in spring 2021).
Dec. 21, 2020
- The project is suspended until spring 2021.
- Work to restore historic riprap will continue in 2021.
- Stones are placed in the approximate location as their removal, and then grouted into place. At this date, grouting will take place in the spring. It is a slow process; two crews can place 325 sq ft of riprap each day.
Summary of work
- Replace bridge on Hwy 40 (known as Milan Bridge) over Lac qui Parle Lake
- Update pedestrian access to meet current ADA standards
- Incorporate historical elements into the new bridge through the use of iron railing on both sides
- Maintain fishing access and recreational area
- Hand place stonework to closely match the original construction done by the WPA in 1939
- Robert R. Schroeder Construction Co., Glenwood MN