Lane and ramp closures
- Southbound I-35E ramp to eastbound I-94/ southbound Hwy 52 closed through early November.
Detour: Southbound I-35E to eastbound Hwy 36 to southbound I-694 to eastbound I-94. Continue southbound on I-694 to southbound I-494 to access Hwy 52. View map (PDF)
- Plato Boulevard to northbound Hwy 52 is closed through late-September.
- Watch for closures on the southbound bridge through early October.
- Northbound Hwy 52 will stay in its current alignment on the east half of the bridge through early October as crews finish work on the driving surface of the northbound bridge. Watch for construction vehicles.
- Eastbound East 7th Street ramp to westbound I-94 is permanently closed.
- 5th Street: Closed east of Johns Street and no longer exists as a street.
- 4th Street: Closed to vehicles. Bicyclists have access to Bruce Vento trail by way of 4th Street.
- Kittson Street north of 7th street no longer exists. It will be the new northbound Hwy 52 to 7th Street Exit.
- Kittson Street south of the Downtowner and Holiday Station no longer exists.
At this time there are no plans to open the trail prior to the end of bridge construction in Oct. 2015. The trail is currently being used for construction traffic signs to direct northbound traffic. These signs are large and take up half of the width of the trail. There is no room on the bridge driving lanes to install these signs.