Lane reductions and weekend closures on Hwy 100 are scheduled throughout June
Coordinating construction schedules helps minimize traffic impacts
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – Motorists traveling on Highway 100 between Bloomington and Golden Valley will encounter weekend road closures and weekday lane closures beginning June 17.
Engineers from three individual construction projects are coordinating construction efforts and schedules to minimize traffic impacts to motorists. Motorists are encouraged to visit the project website at mndot.gov/metro/projects/hwy100slp/ often.
- At 10 p.m. Fri., June 17, northbound Highway 100 between Highway 62 and I-394 will close. Crews will begin closing the ramps at 9 p.m., Fri., June 17. The highway and ramps will reopen by 5 a.m. Mon., June 20.
- At 10 p.m. Mon., June 20, southbound Highway 100 between Highway 62 and 77th Street will close. The 77th Street ramp to southbound Highway 100 will remain open. The road will reopen by 5 a.m. Tues., June 21.
- At 10 p.m. Tues., June 21, northbound Highway 100 between I-494 and 70th Street will close. The 70th Street ramp to northbound Highway 100 will remain open. The road will reopen by 5 a.m. Wed., June 22.
- At 10 p.m., Wed., June 22, southbound Highway 100 between W 44th Street and W 50th Street will be reduced to one lane. The road will remain one lane until the weekend closure of Highway 100 (see below). The road will return to two lanes by 5 a.m., Monday, June 27.
- At 10 p.m. Fri., June 24, both directions of Highway 100 between I-394 and Highway 62 will close. Crews will begin closing the ramps at 9 p.m. The highway will reopen to two lanes in each direction by 5 a.m. Mon., June 27.
During the weekend closures, motorists will be detoured to I-394, Highway 169 and Highway 62 or to I-394, I-35W and Highway 62.
For more information, or to sign up for e-mail project updates, visit the project website at mndot.gov/metro/projects/hwy100slp/
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.
# # #
To learn more about funding Minnesota’s transportation system, visit Get Connected at www.dot.state.mn.us/getconnected.