Two ramps at I-494/I-394 interchange in Minnetonka closing Aug. 5-8
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – Motorists traveling near the Interstate 494/Interstate 394 interchange in Minnetonka will not be able to access two additional ramps at the interchange beginning Aug. 5 through Aug. 8, weather permitting.
Eastbound I-394 to northbound I-494 will close Aug. 5 at 10 p.m. through 5 a.m. Aug. 8, weather permitting.
Motorists intending to access northbound I-494 from eastbound I-394 will be detoured to southbound I-494, eastbound Highway 7 and northbound I-494.
Southbound I-494 to eastbound I-394 also will close Aug. 5 at 10 p.m. through 5 a.m. Aug. 8, weather permitting.
Motorists intending to access eastbound I-394 from southbound I-494 will be detoured to eastbound Minnetonka Boulevard, northbound I-494 and eastbound I-394.
The closures are needed for concrete pavement and ponding repairs, and bridge joint installation. For a complete list of current closures on I-494, visit the project website at mndot.gov/metro/projects/i494plymouth/.
Work this year is part of a two-year construction project on I-494 that includes:
- Repairing pavement on northbound I-494 between I-394 and I-694/94.
- Adding a third lane on northbound I-494 between Highway 55 and I-94/694.
- Building noise walls along the interstate.
- Replacing I-494 bridges over County Road 47 and Schmidt Lake Road
- Reconstructing the East Fish Lake Road bridge deck over I-494.
- Repairing several I-494 ramps
For more information about the project or to sign up for e-mail project updates, visit mndot.gov/metro/projects/i494plymouth/.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.