Environmental Assessment released for I-35W North Corridor Preliminary Design Project
Public hearings set for Sept. 13, Sept 14
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation invites the public to attend an Environmental Assessment (EA) public informational meeting regarding proposed improvements to Interstate 35W between Roseville and Lino Lakes. The EA outlines the purpose of the project and the anticipated social, economic and environmental impacts. The project includes:
- Constructing a MnPASS Express Lane in both directions from south of County Road C to Lexington Avenue
- Repairing the pavement along the corridor
- Constructing an auxiliary lane on westbound Highway 10 from I-35W to 93rd Lane.
The information shared at both meetings will be the same information. The meetings will be held at the following locations and times:
Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2016
Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2016
The non formal, public meetings will provide an opportunity for people to learn about the proposed project, make comments and ask questions. There will not be a formal presentation at the meetings. MnDOT staff and engineers will be available to answer questions. A court reporter will be available to take verbal comments, and comment cards will be available for people who wish to provide written comments for the public record.
The EA document is available on the project website at www.mndot.gov/metro/projects/i35wroseville/documents.html. The document also is available for public review and copying during business hours at the following locations:
- MnDOT Metro District Office: 1500 West County Road B2, Roseville
- Roseville City Hall: 2660 Civic Center Drive, Roseville
- Ramsey County Library—Roseville: 2180 North Hamline Avenue, Roseville
- New Brighton City Hall: 803 Old Highway 8, New Brighton
- Ramsey County Library—New Brighton: 400 10th Street NW, New Brighton
- Arden Hills City Hall: 1245 West Highway 36, Arden Hills
- Mounds View City Hall: 2401 County Road 10, Mounds View
- Ramsey County Library—Mounds View: 2576 County Road 10, Mounds View
- Shoreview City Hall: 4600 Victoria Street N, Shoreview
- Ramsey County Library—Shoreview: 4570 Victoria Street N, Shoreview
- Blaine City Hall: 10801 Town Square Drive NE, Blaine
- Anoka County Library—Northtown: 711 County Road 10 NE, Blaine
- Lexington City Hall: 9180 Lexington Avenue, Lexington
- Circle Pines City Hall: 200 Civic Heights Circle, Circle Pines
- Anoka County Library, Centennial, 100 Civic Heights Circle, Circle Pines
- Lino Lakes City Hall, 600 Town Center Parkway, Lino Lakes
- Hennepin County Library, Technology and Science, Government Documents, 2nd Floor, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis
- MnDOT Library, 395 John Ireland Boulevard, St. Paul
Comments can be mailed, prior to the close of the public comment period on Sept. 28, 2016, to Rick Dalton, Environmental Coordinator, at the Minnesota Department of Transportation, 1500 West County Road B2, Roseville, MN 55113 or Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EA document is available in alternative formats by calling 651-366-4720 or emailing ADArequest.email@example.com. To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter at the public hearings, call 651-366-4720. To request other reasonable accommodations, call 651-366-4718; the Minnesota Relay Service toll-free at 1-800-627-3529 (TTY, Voice or ASCII) or 711, or email your request to ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org.