Maple Grove closures Oct. 14-17 as part of Interstate 494 project
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – Motorists will see two closures in Maple Grove Oct. 14-17 while crews paint bridges.
The ramp from northbound Interstate 494 to westbound I-94 will be closed. The detour is eastbound I-94/694 to U.S. Highway 169 to westbound I-94.
Eastbound I-94 at I-694 in Maple Grove will also close. Motorists will have to go south on I-494. The detour is from I-494 to eastbound I-394 to northbound Highway 169 to eastbound I-94.
The closures start at 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 14 to 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 17.
The work is part of a three-year construction project on I-494 that includes:
- Repair and reconstruct the concrete pavement on I-494 between I-394 and the I-94/I-494/I-694 interchange (Fish Lake Interchange)
- Maintenance repairs on I-494 ramps
- Replace I-494 bridges
- Reconstruct East Fish Lake Road bridge deck over I-494
- Install a third lane between Highway 55 and East Fish Lake Rd
- Construct storm water ponds and noise barriers
Work is scheduled for completion in November 2016, weather permitting.
For more information or to sign up for email project updates, visit http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i494plymouth/.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.