Interstate 494 will have reduced lanes from I-94/694 to I-394 Oct. 21-24
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – Motorists will see reduced lanes this weekend on Interstate 494 from I-94/I-694 to I-394.
All lanes of southbound I-494 will close from I-94/I-694 in Maple Grove to I-394 in Wayzata.
All ramps to southbound I-494 will be closed.
The northbound side of I-494 will be reduced to a single lane from Highway 55 to I-394.
The closures will take place from 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21 to 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 24, while crews paint bridges and work on the road.
The work is part of a three-year construction project on I-494 that includes:
- Repair and reconstruct the concrete pavement on I-494 between I-394 and the I-94/I-494/I-694 interchange (Fish Lake Interchange)
- Maintenance repairs on I-494 ramps
- Replace I-494 bridges
- Reconstruct East Fish Lake Road bridge deck over I-494
- Install a third lane between Highway 55 and East Fish Lake Rd
- Construct storm water ponds and noise barriers
- Work is scheduled for completion in November 2016, weather permitting.
For more information or to sign up for email project updates, visit http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i494plymouth/.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.