Interstate 35W/Lake Street transit station design open house scheduled Nov. 16
Information will also be provided about the planned I-35W reconstruction between 42nd Street and I-94.
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation and Metro Transit invite the public to attend an open house to get a sneak peek at the possible aesthetic design features of the Lake Street Transit Station and plaza. Open house attendees will have the chance to review several elements of the transit station design including:
- Aesthetic treatments of walls inside and outside the transit station
- Aesthetic lighting in the plaza area
- Surface treatments for the plaza outside the transit station
The open house will be held Wednesday, Nov. 16 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the 5th Precinct Community Room, 3101 Nicollet Avenue South, Minneapolis. Attendees will have an opportunity to learn about the proposed project, make comments on the proposed aesthetic design elements of the transit station, and ask questions. Staff from MnDOT, Metro Transit, Hennepin County and the city of Minneapolis will be available to answer questions. Bus service is available on Metro Transit Route 18.
In addition, project staff will be available to answer questions on the overall I-35W project which includes the following improvements:
- Improvements to I-35W between 42nd Street and the I-94 Commons including reconstruction or rehabilitation of bridges, reconstructed pedestrian/bicycle bridges at 40th Street and 24th Street, a new southbound ramp to Lake Street, and a new northbound ramp to 28th Street. These improvements will provide better access to Lake Street businesses and to the region.
- Reconstruction of Lake Street (Co. Rd 3) between Blaisdell Avenue and 5th Avenue.
- A multi-level enclosed transit station at both the freeway and Lake Street levels, with a high-quality pedestrian and bicycle connection between the Midtown Greenway north of Lake Street and 31st Street south of Lake Street. This station will be served by Orange Line Bus Rapid transit, express and local bus service.
For more information, visit: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i35wminneapolis/ or contact the MnDOT Project Manager, Scott Pedersen by phone at 651-234-7726 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter, call 651-366-4720. To request other reasonable accommodations, call 651-366-4718; the Minnesota Relay Service toll-free at 1-800-627-3529 (TTY, Voice or ASCII) or 711, or email your request to ADArequest.email@example.com.
To request this document in an alternative format: Call 651-366-4720 or email your request to ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Minnesota statewide travel information, visit www.511mn.org, or call 5-1-1 or log on to www.mndot.gov.