Environmental Assessment Worksheet released for Trunk Highway 212/County Highway 44 Interchange
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – An Environmental Assessment Worksheet for a proposed interchange at Trunk Highway 212 and County Highway 44 in Chaska is available for public review and comment beginning Aug. 20, 2018. The Environmental Assessment Worksheet outlines the purpose of the project and the anticipated impacts of the proposed action. Carver County is the project proposer. MnDOT is the Responsible Governmental Unit (RGU). Features of the project include:
- Constructing a partial access interchange at Trunk Highway 212 and County Highway 44. The proposed interchange ramps would provide access to and from the north.
- Constructing roundabouts at the interchange ramp intersections with County Highway 44.
- Reconstructing County Highway 44 from west of Trunk Highway 212 to east of Founders Way, including construction of a roundabout at the County Highway 44/Savanna Way intersection.
- Constructing a new multi-use trail bridge over Trunk Highway 212 on the north side of the County Highway 44 bridge.
- Constructing a multi-use trail on the north side of County Highway 44 and a sidewalk on the south side of County Highway 44.
The Environmental Assessment Worksheet document is available on the project website at https://www.hwy212interchange.com/. The document also is available for public review and copying during business hours at the following locations:
- MnDOT Metro District Office, 1500 West County Road B2, Roseville
- MnDOT Library, 395 John Ireland Boulevard, St. Paul
- Hennepin County Library – Minneapolis Central, Environmental Conservation Library, Government Documents, 2nd Floor, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis
- Carver County Public Works, 11360 Hwy 212 West, Cologne
- Chaska City Hall, One City Hall Plaza, Chaska
- Carver County Library – Chaska Branch, 3 City Hall Plaza, Chaska
Comments can be mailed, prior to the close of the public comment period on Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2018, to Rick Dalton, Environmental Coordinator, at the Minnesota Department of Transportation, 1500 West County Road B2, Roseville, MN 55113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Environmental Assessment Worksheet is available in alternative formats by calling 651-366-4718 or emailing ADArequest.email@example.com. Individuals who are hearing or speech impaired may contact the Minnesota Relay service toll-free at 1-800-627-3529 (TTY, Voice or ASCII) or 711.