I-494 ramps at Tamarack Road and I-694 ramp at 10th Street to close May 30
ROSEVILLE, Minn. — Motorists traveling on Interstate 494 and I-694 in the Woodbury and Oakdale area will encounter lane and ramp closures and detours starting May 30, weather permitting.
Beginning at 6 a.m., Thursday, May 30, the following lane closures will be in place:
- Westbound Tamarack Road between Weir Drive and Bielenberg Drive will be reduced to a single lane.
- Eastbound 10th Street between Highway 120/Century Avenue and Inwood Avenue will be reduced to a single lane
Also, beginning at 6 a.m., Thursday, May 30, the following ramps will close to traffic:
- The Tamarack Road entrance ramp to southbound I-494
- The northbound I-494 exit ramp to Tamarack Road
- The 10th Street ramp to northbound I-694
These closures will remain in place through September, 2019 and are needed to accommodate detoured interstate traffic from the I-94/I-494/I-694 Interchange reconstruction project.
Motorists should follow the posted detours and allow for extra time to reach their destination.
The Interstate 94/I-494/I-694 interchange and bridge reconstruction project is being done to provide a smoother, safer, long-lasting road with updated bridges and some mobility improvements. Performing periodic pavement repairs at the appropriate times can greatly increase a road’s lifespan. The project helps ensure MnDOT’s transportation system will continue to serve the state for many years. Construction is expected to be complete by fall 2020.
For more information about the project and detour maps, visit mndot.gov/metro/projects/i94-494-694. Follow the project on Twitter @mndotnews for daily traffic updates.
For updated road condition information, call 511 or visit 511mn.org.