Anticipated schedule and staging
- Close and widen the ramp from southbound I-35E to eastbound I-94 for approximately two months, including an initial weekend closure of I-94 for bridge deck removal (spring).
- Close and reconstruct L’Orient Street between University Avenue and Arch Street (spring-summer).
- Close and reconstruct L’Orient Street between Arch Street and Phalen Boulevard (summer-fall).
- Complete the northbound I-35E bridge and shift traffic to the new bridge (summer).
- Complete and open the permanent loop exit ramp from northbound I-35E to Cayuga Street (summer).
- Complete reconstruction and open the ramp from southbound I-35E to University Avenue. Remove the temporary exit to 12th Street and reopen the ramp from University Avenue to westbound I-94 (summer).
- Permanently close the ramp from southbound I-35E to Pennsylvania Avenue for continued southbound I-35E reconstruction (summer).
- Remove the old southbound I-35E bridge spanning Pennsylvania Avenue during a weekend closure of Pennsylvania Avenue (summer).
- Construct noise walls along the west side of I-35E between Cayuga Street and Minnehaha Avenue and between Pennsylvania Avenue and University Avenue (summer/fall).
- Open the new northbound MnPASS lane (fall).
- Complete construction and open the ramps to/from southbound I-35E at Cayuga Street (opening to traffic in fall 2015 or spring 2016).
- Complete construction of the new frontage road between Cayuga Street and Pennsylvania Avenue.
- Complete site clean-up and open the new southbound MnPASS lane (summer).