2015 upcoming construction
- Complete the northbound I-35E bridge and shift traffic to the new bridge (summer).
- Complete and open the permanent loop exit ramp from northbound I-35E to Cayuga Street (summer).
- Close and widen the ramp from southbound I-35E to eastbound I-94 for approximately two months, including an initial weekend closure of I-94 for bridge deck removal (late summer to early fall).
- Construct noise walls along the west side of I-35E between Cayuga Street and Minnehaha Avenue and between Pennsylvania Avenue and University Avenue (summer/fall).
- Open the new MnPASS lanes (fall/winter).
- Complete construction and open the ramps to/from southbound I-35E at Cayuga Street (opening to traffic spring or summer 2016).
- Complete construction of the new west frontage road between Cayuga Street and Pennsylvania Avenue.