Project work is dependent on the weather and will be rescheduled in the case of inclement weather.
Sept. 2, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Roselawn Avenue will be closed at I-3E (exact times may vary) to allow crews to place beams for the new northbound I-35E bridge spanning the roadway.
Detour: Edgerton Street, Hwy 36 and Rice Street.
View detour map (PDF, 126 KB, 1 page)
Lane and ramp closures
The ramp from eastbound I-694 to southbound I-35E is anticipated to be closed until Sept. 18. This closure is for a project to repair an eroded ditch and is separate from the MnPASS project. Read more about this construction work
Northbound and southbound I-35E is two lanes in each direction between Little Canada Road and Maryland Avenue.
Ramps closed until late October 2014 include:
- Little Canada Road to southbound I-35E
- Southbound I-35E to eastbound Highway 36
- Westbound and eastbound Highway 36 to southbound I-35E
- Roselawn Avenue to southbound I-35E
- Maryland Avenue to northbound I-35E
- Northbound I-35E to Roselawn Avenue
- Roselawn Avenue to northbound I-35E
- Northbound I-35E to westbound Highway 36
- Northbound I-35E to eastbound Highway 36
- Westbound and eastbound Highway 36 to northbound I-35E
- Northbound I-35E to Little Canada Road
Individual detour maps can be viewed by clicking the closure on the 2014 Long-Term Restrictions map.
- Cayuga Street between Westminster Street and Terrace Court is open (the opening of this segment of Cayuga Street provides a connection between Phalen Boulevard and northbound I-35E)
- The temporary ramp from northbound I-35E to Cayuga Street can now be used by the general public (was once just for Metro Transit)
- Cayuga Street is reduced to a single lane in each direction between I-35E and Westminster Street for remaining sidewalk and bridge work.
Phalen Boulevard and Pennsylvania Avenue
- Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue is closed at I-35E through early September. A posted detour will direct motorists to use Jackson Street, University Avenue and Olive Street to get around the closure.
The closure will allow crews to lower a portion of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue, in order to avoid height restrictions during construction of the new I-35E bridges spanning the roadway.
View detour map (PDF, 165 KB, 1 page)
- Both directions of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue between approximately L’Orient Street and just east of Mississippi Street are reduced to a single lane to facilitate work on the new northbound I-35E bridge spanning Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue. Lane shifts and restrictions in this location will remain in place throughout late 2015.
- Northbound ramps to/from Phalen Boulevard are permanently closed