Several ramps along I-35E between Maryland Avenue and University Avenue are closed (see list of closed ramps below). All I-35E ramps between Wheelock Parkway and Little Canada Road, including at the Hwy 36 interchange, are open.
Lane and ramp closures
- The ramp from southbound I-35E to University Avenue is closed until summer 2015 for area reconstruction. A temporary ramp from southbound I-35E to 12th Street is open for access to the Regions Hospital Area. The ramp from southbound I-35E to Pennsylvania Avenue remains open.
- The ramp from University Avenue to westbound I-94 is closed. Use southbound Jackson Street and westbound 12th Street to access westbound I-94. View detour map (PDF 251 KB, 1 page)
Phalen Boulevard and Pennsylvania Ave
- Both directions of Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue between approximately L’Orient Street and just east of Mississippi Street are reduced to a single lane to facilitate work on the new northbound I-35E bridge spanning Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue. Lane shifts and restrictions in this location will remain in place throughout late 2015.
- Northbound ramps to/from Phalen Boulevard are permanently closed
- Northbound L'Orient Street will be closed for several months between University Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue for retaining wall construction. Westbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Jackson Street and eastbound Pennsylvania Avenue. Eastbound University Avenue traffic: Use northbound Olive Street and westbound Phalen Boulevard. View detour map (PDF 257 KB, 1 page)